Shadow and Bone (Grisha Trilogy)

Shadow and Bone - Leigh Bardugo Wow. I don't even know where to begin.
Yesterday I had three books I wanted to start reading. I picked up the first two, and they didn't really grip me. And then I picked up Shadow and Bone . And, wow, was I in for a treat.
Alina Starkov is an orphan in Ravka, a country that has been at war for hundreds of years. The Grisha, an elite group of people with the ability to manipulate matter are pampered and protected, whilst those without this 'magic' are left to fend for themselves. Roughly a hundred years ago, the Shadow Fold, or the Unsea, was created, where darkness covers the land, and human-eating creatures called volcra feed on most of those who attempt to pass. What Ravka needs is a Sun Summoner. And when Alina ventures into the Fold, Ravka's prayers are answered.
From the first sentence, this book just drew me completely into it's world, and into the mind of the main character, Alina. I simply could not put it down, and I finished it within the day.
I loved the characters, and the world. The magic, and the descriptions. The darkness, and the deception. The light, and the love. Everything about this book was spectacular.
I won't say too much, for I do not want to spoil anything for anyone, but at first I was team Darkling, and now I am team Mal (although evil, dark warlords are kinda sexy ).
Needless to say I will definitely be reading the following books. I can't believe I have to wait several months for the next one. I will be the first one at the book store for Siege and Storm .
I would highly recommend this book to anyone who is a fan of awesome heroines, magic, a fight between good and evil, and of course, love.