City of Ashes (Mortal Instruments)

City of Ashes - Cassandra Clare This does contain City of Bones spoilers. Don't say I didn't warn you.
City of Ashes picks up almost directly after where City of Bones finished. Clary Fray is attempting to 'keep calm and carry on' after she finds out that the mythical creatures that she thought were, well, mythical, aren't. She's the daughter of a Shadowhunter, and that means life can never be normal. City of Ashes continues to follow Valentine's quest for the Mortal Instruments, and to wreak havoc in the Shadowhunter world. Dealing with boy's affections, an absent mother, an evil mastermind father, a beautiful brother, and demons trying to kill her, Clary is forced to become the person she is meant to be. A Shadowhunter.
I liked City of Ashes a little more than City of Bones. I liked the fact that we were introduced to more Downworlders, and there was more demon fighting action.
One thing I didn't like about City of Ashes, was the lack of Jace and Clary interaction! Their predicament is just so infuriating! And the end, oh god, the end. JUST SAY IT. And I can totally tell that they're not going to be brother and sister. I can just feel it. There were a few subtle hints throughout the book, and if I am wrong, I will be devastated.
I loved the insight into Jace's personality, and his thoughts. I loved getting to know him better as himself, and not just through Clary's perception of him.
I will definitely be reading City of Glass very soon.