Sloppy Firsts (Jessica Darling, #1)

Sloppy Firsts (Jessica Darling, #1) - Megan McCafferty I have read this books many times from when I first picked it up at age fourteen. I simply love it.
Jessica Darling is your not-so average teenage girl who's one and only best friend moves away just before the new year. Jess has relied on Hope's friendship to get her through her days at Pineville High, and now that she's gone, Jess is confronted by how much she dislikes the other people she spends time with. And then, one day, in the nurse's room, she helps out Marcus Flutie. And I suppose that is where the real story begins.
I have mentioned before how a book must be pretty spectacular to make me cry. Well, the same goes for making me laugh. Not just any old book will do it. But Sloppy Firsts does.
I love Jess's character so much. I love her funny, cynical, obsessive way of life, and the way she expresses her emotions in her diary. I feel as if I know her; especially more so, considering the amount of times I have read this book. I read this book for the first time when I was younger than Jess is, and now I have read it yet again, this time a few years older. It hasn't lost it's lustre. It's still one of my favourite books, and will remain so. I am about to read Second Helpings again soon, and will follow it with the other books in the Jess Darling series. I feel as if we're growing up together, and it's pretty amazing, if I do say so.
Oh, and I love Marcus. A whole lot.