The Book Thief

The Book Thief - Markus Zusak Spoilers ahead.
I have read hundreds upon hundreds of books, and only three have ever made me cry. The Book Thief is on of these three books.
The thing I loved most about this book is that the narrator was Death. I loved the way he (he felt like a he )described things, the way he had those little notes throughout the story, which added so much more to what was going on, and what it was I felt when reading it.
I have stated in previous reviews that I do not like tragedy. Well, this book is most certainly tragic, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Perhaps because it was a series of events that might have actually happened to a little girl, and probably did.
I loved Hans, Rudy, and Max above all the other characters, even Liesel herself. And then, I probably loved Max above the other two I mentioned.
I truly hope that when Death mentioned Liesel had married; that she married Max. I don't know, I just feel as if it might be true. For when Death was describing Liesel's thoughts at the time of her death, he mentioned a husband, Rudy, Hans, and not Max. Which lead me to believe that he might have been her husband.
I must have read the last hmm, perhaps 10 pages at least three times, crying harder with each rereading. I felt as if I couldn't just put this book down and go to sleep. I had to re-feel it again, I had to stay closer to it for a little bit longer.
I would suggest reading this book to most anyone, if they do not mind the high probability of crying at the end.