City of Fallen Angels (Mortal Instruments, Book 4)

City of Fallen Angels - Cassandra Clare City of Fallen Angels begins roughly six weeks after the end of City of Glass. Clary and Jace can finally be together; are finally together. But something seems wrong. Jace is pulling away from Clary, and she doesn't know why. Perhaps it has something to do with what she did at the summoning of Raziel; a secret kept between Jace and herself. A secret that has implications for everyone.
The bodies of Shadowhunters previously involved in Valentine's Circle have been found in three Downworlder territories. The tension between the Shadowhunters and Downworlders rises as the culprit remains a mystery.
Simon finally tells his mother about his state of undead, and she is disgusted, leaving Simon on the streets to fend for himself. Hooded people in grey tracksuits are out for his life, and the newest member of his band (whatever it is called at the time) is letting Simon crash at his place. But who exactly is this new band member? And what is he hiding?
Love, drama, blood, death, revenge, and magic all play major roles in the fourth instalment of The Mortal Instruments series.
I know I have been saying that each book of The Mortal Instruments series is better than the last, but this was not the case with City of Fallen Angels. I don't know what it was, but this book just didn't live up to its predecessors. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but I think the lack of an overarching storyline (like Valentine and the Mortal Instruments) left me a little unsatisfied.
I was so happy at the end of City of Glass. Jace and Clary aren't related; they can be together (insert happy squealing). But then as soon as City of Fallen Angels starts, there are problems between the two. I was so frustrated because of this. I have been waiting for three novels for these two to finally be together; happily together; and this book didn't give me what I want.
Towards the end, the plot starts to thicken, but I just felt as if the book didn't really provide progress in the lives of the characters.
The ending was infuriating. Just, no. Are you serious? For those of you who have read this book, I am sure you share in my pain (poor Jace baby), but I will remain silent as to the details for those of you who have not read it.
I am hoping that City of Lost Souls will bring back the elements of this story that I love, and bring some peace to the characters (even if only for a short time).