Seven Tears into the Sea

Seven Tears Into the Sea - Terri Farley Beckon the sea,
I'll come to thee....
Shed seven tears,
perchance seven years....
When Gwen Cooke was ten years old, she met a strange and beautiful boy on the beach who whispered eery words in her ears - and then disappeared into thin air. Soon after their encounter, Gwen and her family move away from their sleepy coastal home town.
Now, at age seventeen, Gwen has returned, and things are just as strange as they were when she left seven years before.
So I really liked this novel!
I read a review of this book, and the person felt that the story was slow. For me, that was one of the reasons why I liked this book so much. Even though it is a fantasy novel, the day-to-day going-ons of Gwen made the story more realistic. She wasn't off doing wild things all the time, as some heroines are, but there was still enough 'wildness' to keep the book intriguing.
I loved Jesse's character, especially since he wasn't a brooding, bad ass, ridiculously over protective, and cold guy. That seems to be the norm of love interests in teen novels nowadays. I enjoyed his naivety, and his innocence. It was nice for a change.
I loved the magical side of this novel, but it didn't overtake the novel, and it didn't detract from the love that forms between Jesse and Gwen.
I felt as if the world building in this novel was pretty good - I imagined characters and places very easily.
Although the ending of this book was left quite open - and confused me a little bit - I still really enjoyed this book, and it is definitely one I want to own so I can read it on a rainy afternoon.