City of Lost Souls (Mortal Instruments)

City of Lost Souls - Cassandra Clare At the beginning of City of Lost Souls, Jace is missing, and all those who care about him are frantically searching for him. Sebastian/Jonathan is also missing, and Jace's blood was found at the scene of the Lilith showdown at the end of City of Fallen Angels. So, the question on everyone's mind is: where exactly are they?
Isabelle, Alec, Magnus, Simon, and Clary all believe that the Clave gave up too easily on the search for Jace. And in their own way, each of them loses something in their quest to find him.
Clary, always intent on saving the day, enters Sebastian/Jonathan's world in order to save her beloved Jace. But will she be able to escape it?
I really like The Mortal Instruments series, I do. Really. But I am getting so frustrated at the whole: Jace and Clary can never be together because something awful is always happening. Always. And the mere weeks of happiness they had in between City of Glass and City of Fallen Angels weren't included in the books. Now I know some might say that happy delirious uninterrupted love is boring. But face it, it's what we want from these books, and it seems as if Clare is intent on not giving it to us. This somewhat saddens me, as I am a sucker for happily ever afters.
I liked the fact that Clary was so bad-ass in this book. She's learned how to fight like a Shadowhunter now, and she can hold her own in battle. She doesn't take crap from anybody, and I really admire her for that.
I have a weird attitude towards Sebastian/Jonathan. In City of Glass, I first had him pictured as a dark, handsome, gothic prince type person, and then when he turned evil, I imagined him all hard bone structure, and not particularly good looking. And then in City of Fallen Angels, I imagined him as a softer sort of person, being in a coffin and all. But it was even more confusing in City of Lost Souls. One minute I was imagining this breathtakingly beautiful boy with snow white hair and pale skin, and then the next moment I was imagining a not very handsome young man who was pure evil inside. Sometimes I feel pity for him, because of some of the things he says, but then I remember that he's murdered people, and that he's pretty much pure evil. As I said, I have a weird attitude towards Sebastian/Jonathan. If he does get killed in an upcoming book, I don't think I will be pleased. He intrigues me. But enough about him.
I think Jordan and Maia are adorable, as are Magnus and Alec (NOOOO), and Simon and Isabelle.
I have my suspicions regarding Brother Zachariah, but I don't want to voice them in case I ruin it for myself, or others.
I want to know more about the Iron Sisters; they seem really interesting. Hopefully more shall be revealed about these mysterious ladies.
Overall, I enjoyed the fifth instalment of The Mortal Instruments series, and I am very much looking forward to the next book.
And I am also ridiculously excited about the movie.