Tangled Tides (The Sea Monster Memoirs, #1)

Tangled Tides (The Sea Monster Memoirs, #1) - Karen Amanda Hooper A copy of this novel was provided by All Night Reads via Net Galley.

Woah. WOAH. I LOVED this novel.

As I am so very often telling you, I am really busy at the moment. Being a university student and juggling book blogging is harder than I thought it would be. But I’m hanging on (kind of). I knew I wanted to read Tangled Tides the moment I read the synopsis. I didn’t care about my lack of time, or anything else. I needed this book in my life. And my need was met - I had Tangled Tides in my TBR-right-now list.

I really am at a lost as to where to begin. I read this book in under 24 hours, I devoured every word, I LOVED every minute. It was just amazing.

The characters in Tangled Tides are so extremely vivid and real, it is astounding. I felt as if I was reading a true story, a biography or something similar because the world that Hooper has created, and the people within it are superb.

Treygan. I have to admit that this particular merman is my favourite character out of all of them. I cannot pick my second, because there are so many amazing characters to choose from - it’s an impossible task. Treygan is one of the most perfect book boyfriends. I know – my list is ever-growing, but I can’t control the authors out there who keep creating these wonderful imaginary wish-they-were-real boys, okay? You will just have to suffer my incessant love of them. But seriously. Treygan is perfect. I loved his chapters most of all, and would have been over the moon if the whole thing was written from his perspective. Not that I didn’t love the other characters’ chapters, but my love for Treygan is unrivalled.

The chapters in Tangled Tides alternated between the main character, Yara; Treygan; and another guy named Rownan. The character voices were so incredibly clear for each of these people that there was no hesitant wondering about who was ‘talking’ or who you were reading about. Props to Hooper for being able to pull it off so marvellously.

I also loved Yara as a character, and I loved watching her grow most of all. She turned from a pouty, bratty eighteen year old girl to one of the bravest characters I have had the pleasure to read about. I cannot wait to see how she develops further in the sequels.

I am simply in love with this novel, and I cannot persuade you enough to get your hands on a copy!

© 2013, Chiara @ Books For A Delicate Eternity. All rights reserved.